Greetings! As the traditional work week winds down, it seemed a good time to send out a quick update on some outreach news.
1. First of all, some really happy, celebratory news...Congratulations to Outreach Committee members, Crystal Lin and Obinna Amobi as they celebrate their marriage tomorrow in California. Crystal and Obi are two amazingly talented, faithful and loving people who generously give of their time and talent to our parish and have a heart for those living on the margins. We celebrate with them in spirit this weekend and send our prayers and blessings for a lifetime of love and joy,
2. This weekend our outreach committee will be meeting on Sunday after 9:30 AM Mass in the parish livingroom to continue our planning for the many events and programs that start in the fall. We will also be working on our strategic plan.
3. Speaking of planning for the fall, please check out the bulletin this weekend for a colorful two-sided insert that serves as an update and heads-up for all these aforementioned events. It is going to be very busy around here come September!
4. On Wednesday evening, we will be holding our first planning team meeting for our Evening of Gratitude for our partner agencies. Planning Committee Chair, Crystal Lin, will faciliate this meeting in the parish livingroom following 6:30 PM Mass. All are welcome!
5. And because I missed posting Midweek Motivation...
”The more a person loves God, the more reason he has to hope in Him. This hope produces in the Saints an unutterable peace, which they preserve even in adversity, because as they love God, and know how beautiful He is to those who love Him, they place all their confidence and find all their repose in Him alone.” –Saint Alphonsus Liguori, Doctor of the Church
May you find peace, beauty and rest this weekend!